Trade UnionThe College of Podiatry is the only trade union in the UK, solely dedicated to representing podiatrists.
We are here to provide you with a wide range of employment related advice, guidance and support. Including -
- Negotiating agreements with employers on pay and conditions
- Discussing major changes in the work place, such as pensions, redundancy and TUPE (Transfer of Undertakings, Protection of Employment)
- Discussing members’ concerns with employers
- Accompanying members in disciplinary and grievance meetings
- Providing members with legal advice
- Giving contractual advice when required
Our specially trained workplace reps are podiatrists, so they understand first-hand your role, the working environment and the types of issues you might face. We also have our Employment Relations Officers there to support you with more complex cases.
They work with a legal team of employment law experts and we will provide any legal support needed i.e. a barrister for an employment tribunal, all of which is covered by your membership.