Application to train
The training of an Assistant comes in 3 sections, the Application, the Training and the Final Assessment. The cost of training an Assistant through The College of Podiatry Assistant Practitioner Training Programme from the 1 May 2021 is £640.00.
This cost includes registration, recorded delivery of 1 training manual for the Assistant and supporting documentation for the Supervising Podiatrist, ongoing support during training, arrangement of the examination, the Examiners fee including travel and accommodation (if applicable) and final certificates. This is a one-off fee unless there is a need for a re-take of the examination and this would come at an additional cost of £150.
Additionally, if the manual is damaged or a replacement is needed, there is a fee of £60.
- The Final Assessment and Certificate of Competence
How to Apply?
The first thing you will need to do is to click this link ‘Assistant Practitioner registration form’ and complete the form. You can then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once this has been received, The College will send an invoice through to the invoice address stated on the form.
- Please ensure you have the correct address for invoicing purposes to avoid delays.
- Please check with your line manager/NHS Trust if you need a Purchasing Order. If you do require this and the PO number is not on the application form, this will incur significant delays regarding payment.
- This invoice must be paid within 30 days.
Included with the Assistants Training Manual will be the Supervisors Guidance Document and further information on how to create a Reflective Portfolio.
Code of Conduct for Assistant Practitioners
Assistant Practitioners are valued members of the podiatry team. As Associate Members of the College, Assistant Practitioners are required to abide by a Code of Conduct that guides their relationship with the other podiatrists and assistants with whom they work, and safeguards the interests of patients.